Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 4 - tute tasks.

1. Where and when did usable online video start?

I was not able to find any good answer to this question.

2.In the lecture we heard about technological innovations that were used by the studios to lure audiences. (mostly to combat the popularity of TV) What recent innovations are being used to lure us in the movies? What are they luring us from?

As I read this question I think about the 3D movies, where we have glasses on that makes the movie more real. It gives us an illusion of being in the movie. It hides all the "oh, that does not look real" scenes. People like to go and se the 3D films, because they know they will have a good time. They know they will be dragged into the movie, and they will not be able to see any faults. It gives an image of a real thing.


3.Are short films still being made? Why? Who pays for them to be made?

I will say that short films are still being made. I did some research online, and I found several film festivals for short films. Like the Tropfest that is the worlds largest film festival, or many others over in the states like Los Angeles short film festivals, the Manhatten short film festivals, the Miami short film festivals, and there are also one in London, the London short film festival, and many many more.

http://www.tropfest.com/m/
http://lashortsfest.com/content.asp?PageID=2
http://www.msfilmfest.com/
http://www.miamishortfilmfestival.com/
http://www.shortfilms.org.uk//







I think short films are still being made, so that small filmmakers still can show off their work, and not have to use a lot of money to produce them. And at this filmfestivals they can be showed to the world, and producers and other authoritys can se their skills.


4.The term viral is thrown about adhoc but what does it mean in film/movie arena? Give some examples.

I am not sure how to answer this question, as I am not sure how to put it right, or if I have understood it. But I think the term viral means that it makes a film popular. And often when people uploades a film to the internet, people can share it with each other, and quite often we can se that some movie get more viewers than others, and then becomes popluar in the internet world.

"This question is answered out of my lecture notes and the lecture content online".


5.Online video distribution isn't limited to the short film format. We are now starting to see television styled shows made solely for internet release (webisodes). Find an example of this style of content and discuss how viewing television content in this way can positively and negatively affect the viewer's experience.

I managed to find a website with a lot of webisodes, but I have some problems uploading videos to this blog, so I can only give a link to the page and the film that I have choosen.

http://www.visiblemeasures.com/mashable

Here is the webisodes that I choose. It is called "Key of Awesome". It is a comedy/musical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MP_G6arpVI&feature=player_embedded

I think viewing these episodes that it could both be a positive and negvative experience for the the viewer. In the positive way people could watch it when ever they want, they could choose between a dusin of films. But in the nagtive way the resolution is bad, and the experience that you get from watching a movie in your own livingroom with a bunch of friends is way more better than this. I find this webisodes artificial. I got to say that I didn`t really like it, but I can understand why people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment